Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blog Post 1

About me
Hi, my name is Kabrina Harris.I am 24 years old. I grew up in a small town called Citronelle, Alabama.I lived there until I was about 17 years old. At the age of 17, I moved to Saraland, Alabama. I currently still live in Saraland.I work part time at a local Wal- Mart as a cashier in the garden center.I enjoy meeting new people and talking on the phone.Last year, I gave birth to my first child. I named him Zaylon. He is my pride and joy. I will be getting married in the fall of next year. My major is Early Childhood Education.I chose this major because I love to be around small children. I hope to be a first grade teacher. The reason I want to teach first grade is because first graders are able to do a little more than lower levels. I wouldn't have to start from the beginning. I could start with the concepts that they have already learned.
Randy Pausch
The Randy Pausch You Tube video on time management taught me a few helpful tips on how to manage my time in this class as well as other classes. The first thing that I need to learn to do is set some goals and understand why I am setting these goals. He also made a good point in the video about not worrying over making things perfect. The most important thing to do is make sure that you get the task done.The more that you do the task the better you will became at doing the task. Things get better with time and practice. A good way to take on a list of tasks is to start with the biggest task first then come back to the smaller task. It takes the most time to deal with harder tasks, so it is helpful to knock them out of the way first.

No comments:

Post a Comment