Tuesday, October 16, 2012

BLOG # 8

THIS IS HOW WE DREAM PART 1 AND 2


Technology is forever changing and its very important that we try to keep up with it before it past us by. I own an laptop,computer and an droid that are becoming out dated as I type this blog. It amazes me how technology changes everyday.There is always a new version of something coming out to replace the old version. This is how we dream part 1 and 2 are great example of technology changing around me.
I agree with these videos, writing has changed, learning matters,and it is important to know how to research appropriately and synthesize what you have gathered effectively. Moreover, in order to demonstrate these relevant skills we should practice them.Since a little girl I have always been told practice makes perfect. In the videos there were several examples of how Dr. Richard E. Miller used virtual books or digital composing to gather information and display it publicly. He used pertinent images, audios, and beautiful colors to capture significant moments. Dr. Richard E. Miller shows how there are no limits to technology, and it continually grows before the eye.
After watching those videos, I feel that I would be great at creating collaborative documents, via internet. I will make it my duty to be an tech literate teacher. I will become skilled at multimedia. After I have mastered the process, I will then share it with my students so they can benefit, and began exploring and learning, as well.

Carly Pugh

I must say that I enjoy Carly's laid-back, reader-friendly writing style.Her Blog post #12 was intellectual, creative, and inspirational. In her post she had to create an assignment that she thought should be incorporated into EDM310. Her idea was to create a youtube playlist of at least 10 videos that encompass above all your teaching philosophy and incorporate what you have learned in EDM310. Then you would write a blog post about said philosophy and your playlist. What an appropriate post for teaching visual literacy! In the same way that Carly uses youtube in this post to convey her teaching philosophy, she could easily compile a youtube montage to teach future students. This technology and idea crosses disciplinary lines. It could be used just as easily by a Math teacher or a History teacher. Her post incorporates all the elements of a true visual document.One last note about Carly, Her post was amazing to watch because the blog background changed pictures.

Chipper Series and EDM310 for Dummies

I really learned a lot from these videos. A few good tips that I got from both of these blogs was that EDM310 is only as hard as you make it. Procrastination and looking for the "easy answer" will not cut it in this class. Also, one of the keys to success in EDM310 is to use the resources and tutorials provided. It's amazing how easy it can be to answer your own questions using the tools provided by the blog, facebook, and instruction manuals.Since enrolling in edm310 I have found the lab and it members to be quite helpful.Im not quite sure what I would create a video about as of now.Whenever I do decide I will make sure that It have bright colors and a helpful message that others can use.


LEARN TO CHANGE,CHANGE TO LEARN


The video had various professionals speaking on their insight of technology and how it is no longer a choice but it is required for producing productive citizens. One of the speakers made an interesting statement about how technology is not just for educator, it for everyone because technology is emerging quickly. Another speakers stated that " We should produce brave children". I loved this statement because that is my ultimate goal for becoming a teacher is to help create, and discover all children's unique abilities.

Scavenger Hunt on Web 2.0

The first tool I found was a video tool I had never used before called Animoto.
This site takes your photos, videos, and music and turns it into a unique video using what they call "Cinematic Artificial Intelligence," which is supposed to make each video take on the style of the selected music and images. Cinematic AI is also supposed to be like having a professional director and editor for your movie. Movies can also be done in HD and look professional because there is no Animoto label in the video. This site also provides a music gallery and a large style library that helps you set the tone of the video you are producing.

The second Tool I found was how to create poll anytime or anywhere.This tool allow you to Make your own poll voting question with Poll Everywhere.

The third tool that I found on this site was Photo peach.
edm310 on PhotoPeach













2 comments:

  1. Great blog post! You did a good job with your writing. I agree technology is forever changing. Every time I buy a new piece of technology, a week later a newer version comes out!

    I really liked Carly's blog post too. She is very passionate about her work. It really matched exactly what Dr.Miller talked about. I find the EDM 310 lab very helpful also. You did a good job. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... it before it past us by. I own an laptop,computer..." passes, not past; a laptop, not an laptop

    "... to be an tech literate teacher." a tech literate, not an tech literate

    "...writing style.Her Blog post #12..." You need a space after the period. If you capitalize Blog you must also capitalize Post.

    "Her idea was to create a youtube playlist of at least 10 videos that encompass above all your teaching philosophy and incorporate what you have learned in EDM310." Omit above all and and incorporate what you have learned in EDM310. The last phrase, if you want to keep it, must be rewritten to fit the parameters of what Carly was assigning herself. I personally think it should be omitted.

    YouTube is a brand name and should be written in this manner throughout your post.

    "This technology and idea crosses disciplinary lines. " What do you mean? I don't know!

    "...manuals.Since enrolling..." You need a space after the period.
    "...helpful.Im not quite... "You need a space after the period. I'm, not Im
    "...as of now.Whenever I do ..." You need a space after the period. Three sentences in a row! I thought maybe your space key was broken. PROOFREAD!

    "... sure that It have bright ..." has, not have

    "... is not just for educator, it for everyone because technology is emerging quickly." educators, not educator. The reason technology needs to be used by everyone is not "because technology is emerging quickly." What is the reason its use is necessary?

    ReplyDelete