Sunday, October 7, 2012

blog post 7

The network student


I believe that students need teachers to answer questions that they cannot find online or just to point them in the right direction. Network teachers have an responsibility to help students learn. In today world students have a lot of outside source that can help the learn.These outside source can be helpful in helping students learn if they are used in the correct way. I believe that it is the teacher responsibility to teach the student how to search and find correct site to use. As technology advances teachers will no longer stand in front of class and give out boring lectures, instead they will be off to the side on the computers right along with students letting them figure out for themselves how to do an assignment and only stepping in on really difficult portions.Students will be force to learn things on there own without someone telling them.I believe that if you learn something on your own that it will stick with you longer.

On the other hand, I think that while this type of learning is just now getting off the ground it will still be in the first steps by the time I get in a classroom so I know that I will be getting used to it right along with all the other teachers and that hopefully if it does not work there will be a way for some teachers to stay in a traditional education setting.

Edm 310 is helping me get prepared for teaching children of the future.Just like the blog about the network student my teachers is also helping us learn how to learn. Dr.Strange is teaching our class how to blog about what we have learned and also how to research and use new tools. he don't always tell us how to do something instead the tell us about tools and sites that can teach us how to do it. We have to learn how to do some task on our on through trail and error. If we happen to get stuck he is there for us to offer advice that can lead us to solving our problem. In the beginning of the school year I thought that I would hate the class. Since i began to learn how to do project and other task on my own this has became my new favorite class.I love how excited I become when I figure something new out for myself. If I am going to become an effective teacher I will have to learn how to do new task on my own before I can ask student to do it.Technology is forever changing so I will be forever learning.

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment (or PLN)
I believe this 7th grader is using technology to its advanatge. She has been taught to use and navigate through the internet and put her PLN together well. She has everything she needs a click away. It was really great to see someone else's PLN and see how they are using it to better themselves and learn. I think it was a well presented PLN. Keep up the great work.










1 comment:

  1. "... have an responsibility to help students learn." a, not an

    "...it is the teacher responsibility to teach..." teacher's (if singular) or teachers' (if plural), not teacher

    "... and find correct site to use." the correct site, not correct site

    "...stand in front of class and give out boring lectures,..." You need the before class. In addition, give out is awkward. Try this and bore their students with lectures....

    " portions.Students will be force to learn things on there own without someone telling them.I believe that..." You need a space after both periods. forced, not force

    "...getting off the ground it will still be in the first steps... Comma need after ground. First steps? Maybe first stages of widespread use...


    "...of the future.Just like the ..." Space needed after the period.

    "...my teachers is also helping..." Since the subject (teachers) is plural, the verb must also be plural: are, not is.

    "...new tools. he don't always..." Capitalize he since it starts a sentence. Replace don't with does not.

    "...to do some task on our on through trail and error." on our own, not on our on

    "In the beginning of the school year I thought that I would hate the class." Why?

    "Since i began to learn how to do project and other task on my own this has became my new favorite class.I love..." Capitalize I; projects, not project; tasks, not task; become, not became. You need a space after the period.

    "...to do new task on my own before I can ask student to do it." tasks, not task; students, not student

    A PLN is primarily a group of people, but also tools, that expand your sources of information, provide you with ideas, challenge your thinking, get you to explore new possibilities. The more people you have in your PLN, and the more diverse their backgrounds and interests, the more you will benefit.

    Are you proofreading your post? If you are, you are doing a terrible job. If not, you MUST do so. If you need help with your writing, go to the Writing Lab in Alpha East.

    It looks like I said the same thing on your last post. Now this is a requirement: Go to the Writing Lab in Alpha East and have them notify me that you are now working with them. Do this immediately.




    ReplyDelete